Level 400s: The Four Noble Truths
and Noble Eight-Fold Path
“Manijeh’s Deepening and Advanced classes guide our group’s wonderful journey towards inner peace, unbounded freedom and unconditional happiness. Join us!” Martin B.
This is an advanced course with the following prerequisites:
Experience in meditation and MAPS I, II & II, and preferably the Managing Obstacles, or a Deepening Class. Other equivalent practice maybe accepted upon instructor’s approval. Please contact instructor directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
By popular demand we have brought the Buddha’s core teachings on the 4 Noble Truths and the Noble 8-Fold Path to the evening students.
This class is for those who are interested in the supporting teachings of the Buddha to Mindfulness. For those who are curious, dedicated and determined to go deeper into the realm of the mind and the heart and taking further steps into the realm of freedom and happiness.
This topic is covered in 5 Courses. Each course will have six sessions over six weeks. This course is heavy on practice and application of these principals and the pace is flexible to suit the pace of class in general. See following courses and intended dates:
In order to use the time within each season effectively, we may cover some aspects of theses themes during the season immediately following. Topics are the Four Noble Truths and the Noble Eightfold Path to be bundled as follow:
FNT400 & 401: Four Noble Truths
- There is suffering (dissatisfaction, stress, pain, etc.)
- There is a cause to this suffering
- There is a way to end the cause of suffering
- The Eight-fold Path is the way
- ENP402 – 404: Noble Eight-Fold Path
- Wise Understanding, 2. Wise Intention (Wisdom), 3. Wise speech, 4. Wise Action, 5. Wise Livelihood (Virtue, Compassion), 6. Wise Effort, 7. Wise Mindfulness, 8. Wise Concentration (Meditation)
- Cultivating deeper sitting and walking meditation
- Deeper Metta (Loving/Kindness) practices
- Cultivating richer understanding of suffering, causes of suffering and happiness
- Working with physical discomfort in meditation
- Working towards spiritual development (emotional maturity)
- Enhancing Mindfulness and compassion for self and others
- Deepening topics practiced in foundation courses and other related teachings/topics
These 6 week courses are for experienced meditators and or those who have taken MAPS I & II and or MAPS I & Managing the Obstacles to Mindfulness and at least one Deepening class. All others must be approved by the instructor.
If you have any questions please contact (818) 453-0640 or write to email@example.com
DATE & TIME:
Four Noble Truths
FNT400: Six Tuesdays, from Sept 19 – Oct 24
FNT401: Six Tuesdays, from Nov 7, (Nov 14 & 21 OFF) Nov 28 – Jan 2 (Dec 26 OFF)
Eight-fold Noble Path
ENP402: Six Tuesdays, from Jan 23 – Feb 27
ENP403: Six Tuesdays, from March 13 – April 17
ENP404: Six Tuesdays, from May 8 – June 12
Location: 19100 Ventura Blvd. Suite #5, Tarzana, CA 91356
Class Refunds requested in advance of 5PM on Friday before the first week of class will be assessed a $25 administrative fee. We regret that we cannot give refunds after this date. Refunds should be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Perfectly Here reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment. Registrants will be notified in advance of the class and will receive full refund.
No refunds or credits are given to registrant “no-shows”.
Postponing a Class: Credit towards a future class will be provided if a registrant notifies us by phone or email in advance of 5PM on Friday before the first week of the class series. Future class must be the one immediately following the missed class series. NO EXCEPTIONS. (for example: if postponing a May/June class series you will have to use your credit and enroll in the July/August class series)