September 15, 2016 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Part II: Managing Obstacles to Meditation and Mindfulness in Daily Life
Six Tuesdays (10/29 to 12/03) 7-9pm
6914 Canby Ave, Suite # 103, Reseda CA 91335
In the beginning of learning Mindfulness meditation, you learn simple methods of keeping to the breath and coming back to it over and over. However, it is not easy for most to stay focused on the breath or other objects of meditation. Physical pain, the monkey mind, restlessness, aversion, sleepiness and doubt can distract us from the moment. The Managing Obstacles to Mindfulness class focuses on how to manage obstacles that get in the way of continuing with meditation, peacefulness and being Mindful during the day. Obstacles to Mindfulness and meditation are the same obstacles we encounter in every aspect of life and in our relationship to all things. Lethargy, restlessness, aversion, craving and doubt are major obstacles that start to grow in our psyche from childhood. Learning to recognize and manage these obstacles will enhance your ability to be Mindful, present and peaceful under any circumstance.
Attendance in an Introduction to Mindfulness, MAPs I or equivalent mindfulness practice or class with permission from our instructor. If you have not taken a MAPs I class, please email the instructor a brief description of your equivalent experience to email@example.com before class start date.
Dr. Manijeh Motaghy – A Founder, Executive / Program Director at Perfectly Here. She is the Founder and CEO of Mindful Business Institute. Manijeh is an Authorized Mindfulness teacher through UCLA MARC, a member of the International Mindfulness Teachers Association and holds a Doctorate in Psychology of Organization Management Consulting. For more on her bio, click on her name above.
Location & Parking:
6914 Canby Ave, Suite 103 Reseda, CA 91335 – The venue is in a business plaza with US Fitness center. There are plenty of FREE Parking. Please arrive a few minutes early to your first session so that you can find the place and settle in. If you happen to come in through the back gate the code to get in is 53319. Please make a note of this so you don’t have to need to call someone to get it.
Class Registration Policy
Perfectly Here classes/events are educational programs, not a clinical treatment. Registrations are accepted online, by check or cash in person and are not complete until payment is received. Registration with payment is strongly encouraged as class sizes are limited and do fill quickly.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Refunds requested via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) two weeks prior to the first day of class will be assessed a $25 administrative fee. We regret that we cannot give refunds after this date. Please honor our refund/cancellation policy.
- Postponing a Class: Credit towards a future class will be provided if a registrant notifies us by email (to email@example.com) prior to 5PM on Friday of the first week of the class series. The future class must be taken in the series immediately following the missed class series. NO EXCEPTIONS. (for example: if postponing a May/June class series you will have to use your credit and enrol in the July/August class series). This future class will have to be at a Perfectly Here campus locations only.
- Make-up Class: If you miss a class, you may make up ONE in-person class within the current series at a class with the same topic only. No refund or prorate will be issued for missed classes.
- Perfectly Here reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrolment. Registrants will be notified via email in advance of the class.
- No refunds or credits are given to registrant “no-shows”.
- Refunds for payments made by check may take longer to process.
What to Bring
All you need is comfortable clothing. Chairs and cushions are provided.
We allow no more than 25 students per class.
See prices below. We offer special pricing for seniors (+65), students, veterans and first-responders. We are a non-profit 501C3 organization. So, please consider covering the cost of the merchant fees when you pay for the class. If you feel inclined to help us provide scholarships through our charities please make an extra contribution when making final payment. Your generosity will bring you joy and benefit the world, including yourself, in immeasurable ways.