September 15, 2016 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Part II: Managing Obstacles to Mindfulness & Meditation
Six Sundays: Sept 13 – Oct 18
2 – 3:30pm
- Sun, Sept 13
- Sun, Sept 20
- Sun, Sept 27
- Sun, Oct 4
- Sun, Oct 11
- Sun, Oct 18
In the beginning of learning Mindfulness meditation, you learn simple methods of keeping to the breath and coming back to it over and over. However, it is not easy for most to stay focused on the breath or other objects of meditation. Physical pain, the monkey mind, restlessness, aversion, sleepiness and doubt can distract us from the moment. The Managing Obstacles to Mindfulness class focuses on how to manage obstacles that get in the way of continuing with meditation, peacefulness and being Mindful during the day. Obstacles to Mindfulness and meditation are the same obstacles we encounter in every aspect of life and in our relationship to all things. Lethargy, restlessness, aversion, craving and doubt are major obstacles that start to grow in our psyche from childhood. Learning to recognize and manage these obstacles will enhance your ability to be Mindful, present and peaceful under any circumstance.
Attendance in an Introduction to Mindfulness, MAPs I or equivalent mindfulness practice or class with permission from our instructor. If you have not taken a MAPs I class, please email the instructor a brief description of your equivalent experience to email@example.com before class start date.
Dr. Manijeh Motaghy – A Founder, Executive / Program Director at Perfectly Here. She is the Founder and CEO of Mindful Business Institute. Manijeh is an Authorized Mindfulness teacher through UCLA MARC, a member of the International Mindfulness Teachers Association and holds a Doctorate in Psychology of Organization Management Consulting. For more on her bio, click on her name above.
Online with Video presence. Participants get to enjoy the class in the comfort of their own space. Participants will see each other and the instructor through the camera of their phones and or computers. So, it would not feel as disconnected as it might seem.
Class Registration Policy
Perfectly Here classes/events are educational programs, not a clinical treatment. Registrations are accepted online, by check or cash in person and are not complete until payment is received. Registration with payment is strongly encouraged as class sizes are limited and do fill quickly.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Refunds requested via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) one week prior to the first day of class will be assessed a $25 administrative fee. We regret that we cannot give refunds after this date. Please honor our refund/cancellation policy.
- Postponing a Class: Credit towards a future class will be provided if a registrant notifies us by email (to email@example.com) prior to 5PM on Friday of the first week of the class series. The future class must be taken in the series immediately following the missed class series. NO EXCEPTIONS. (for example: if postponing a May/June class series you will have to use your credit and enrol in the July/August class series). This future class will have to be at a Perfectly Here campus locations only.
- Make-up Class: If you miss a class, you may make up ONE online class within the current series at a class with the same topic only. No refund or prorate will be issued for missed classes.
- Perfectly Here reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrolment. Registrants will be notified via email in advance of the class. And refunds will be issued accordingly.
- No refunds or credits are given to registrant “no-shows”.
- Refunds for payments made by check may take longer to process.
We offer scholarships to cover some of the fees for those in need. We are a non-profit 501C3 organization. So, please consider covering the cost of the merchant fees when you pay for the class. If you feel inclined to help us provide scholarships through our charities please make an extra contribution when making final payment. Your generosity will bring you joy and benefit the world, including yourself, in immeasurable ways.