September 14, 2016 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
UCLA Mindful Awareness Practices (MAPs) II: Cultivating Positive Emotions
Six Sat, Jan 16 – Feb 27 (Feb 20 OFF)
9:30-11:30 AM (PST)
This MAPs II class emphasizes heart-based qualities that complement mindfulness and can be cultivated through meditation practices. We will explore loving-kindness, compassion, equanimity (even-mindedness), joy, generosity, and gratitude. We will learn new meditations to develop these qualities, tools to work with when we find them ourselves stuck and not feeling positive emotions, and practical exercises to incorporate them into our daily life. This is a helpful expansion to our basic mindfulness practice.
This is a 6-week class that meets once a week for two hours. Each class is a combination of lecture, practice, group feedback, and discussion. Students report that the group support was one of the most helpful and inspiring aspects of the class.
Who Should Take This Class?
MAPs courses help people of all backgrounds and religions and are suitable for ages 16 and over.
Attendance in Introduction to Mindfulness, MAPs I, or equivalent mindfulness class with permission from our instructor. If you have not taken MAPs I, please e-mail the instructor a brief description of your equivalent experience to email@example.com before the class start date.
Dr. Manijeh Motaghy – A Founder, Executive Director, and Teacher at Perfectly Here. She is the Founder and CEO of Mindful Business Institute. As an Authorized Mindfulness teacher by UCLA MARC, Manijeh teaches four of MARC’s signature Mindfulness courses. Manijeh holds a Doctorate in Psychology of Organization Management. She has years of personal experience practicing Mindfulness and teaching it nationally and internationally. For more on her bio, click on her name above.
Location: Currently on Zoom
Class Registration Policy
Perfectly Here classes/events are educational programs, not a clinical treatment. Registrations are accepted online, by check or cash in person, and are not complete until payment is received. Registration with payment is strongly encouraged as class sizes are limited and do fill quickly.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Refunds requested via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) two weeks before the first day of class will be assessed a $25 administrative fee. We regret that we cannot give refunds after this date. Please honor our refund/cancellation policy.
- Postponing a Class: Credit towards a future class will be provided if a registrant notifies us by email (to email@example.com) before 5 PM on Friday of the first week of the class series. The future class must be taken in the series immediately following the missed class series. NO EXCEPTIONS. (for example: if postponing a May/June class series, you will have to use your credit and enroll in the July/August class series). This future class will have to be at a Perfectly Here campus locations only.
- Make-up Class: If you miss a class, you may make up ONE in-person class within the current series at a class with the same topic only. No refund or prorate will be issued for missed classes.
- Perfectly Here reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrolment. Registrants will be notified via email in advance of the class.
- No refunds or credits are given to registrant “no-shows.”
- Refunds for payments made by check may take longer to process.
What You Need
All you need is comfortable clothing. Chairs and cushions are provided.
Special consideration is given to those with Covid 19 hardship. See our scholarship programs.