July 14, 2016 12:00 pm
Self-Compassion, UCLA MAPs II Mindfulness Course
Six Sat, March 13 – April 17
From 10 AM – 12 PM (PS Time, US & Canada)
Self-Compassion is a struggle for many people. Beyond self-compassion the issue of self-judgment and self-criticism. People of all ages and cultures may suffer from painful thoughts such as, “I’m not good enough,” “I messed that up again,” and “I hate my body.” Although these thoughts may feel overwhelming and intractable, we can learn how to work with and lessen them. Science has shown that you can actually change your brain through mindfulness and the cultivation of positive emotional states.
In this class, we will explore mindfulness practices to work with self-critical thoughts, and self-compassion practices to nurture kindness and compassion for ourselves and others. This class will include sitting and walking mindfulness and kindness meditations, periods of silence, personal exploration, and discussion to help cultivate and encourage more self-compassion.
Attendance in any introductory MAPs I series or equivalent mindfulness introductory class with permission from our instructor. If you have not taken the MAPs I class at MARC, please email us a brief description of your equivalent experience to email@example.com before the class start date.
Teacher: Dr. Manijeh Motaghy
An example of Dr. Motaghy’s teachings: The Art of Letting Go Through Mindfulness
Location: Zoom – you will receive the link to register for the Zoom class upon completing your payment.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- MAPS course refund policy is based on what UCLA MARC provides as below:
- Refunds requested two weeks before the event date will be assessed a 20% administrative fee. We regret that we cannot give refunds after this date. Refunds should be requested by phone or email. Please honor our refund policy.
- Credit towards a future workshop/daylong will be provided if a registrant notifies us at least one day before the workshop. Credit must be requested by phone or email and used within three months of payment.
- We reserve the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment. Registrants will be notified in advance of the daylong or workshop.
- No refunds or credits are given to registrant “no-shows.”
- Refunds for payments made by check may take longer to process
Special pricing for Covid hardship and UCLA students.